Good Web/Graphic Design Software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Hi. I want to try getting into some moderate web/graphic design just as a hobbie. You know, like creating web banners and good looking email signatures and all that sort of thing.

Is Adobe Photoshop CS good for this type of thing? (I'll try the 30 day trial first), or is there better software to use? I don't want anything really complicated to begin with, do you think I'll find it easy to start of photoshop?

Thanks very much.

V

vtupser

Photoshop is a good program, but has a lot of stuff to it if you are just trying to do banner ads. It is better for photo manipulation and layouts of websites. I suggest looking into getting the Macromedia MX 2004 Suite that includes Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Freehand. They are very easy to use and are geared more to web design. I would use Flash for your banner ads as they grab attention more with movement.

I

ilg

photoshop and html code are your best friends, or as said flash and dreamweaver, your best bet is to use them all together. just play.. thats the best way to learn

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.