XP3 direct installation possible?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm also new to Mac, and right now kinda puzzled. Have been trying to read other threads regarding this matter but haven't found any real answer.

I want to install Windows XP Pro SP3 directly under Boot Camp, as this is the Windows installation that I've got. Is this at all possible? Do you have to first install SP2 version, upgrade Boot Camp to 2.1, and then upgrade from SP2 to SP3? Or is it possible to install the SP3 version right away and then upgrade to Boot Camp 2.1?

Thanks,
Erik

OP
D
Reaction score
...and oh, i'm using leopard 10.5.8, boot camp 2.0 on a macbook pro 2,8 ghz bought in july 2009

Reaction score
There were a lot of threads on this issue awhile back, and it would be worth your while to search them. But the upshot consensus on the forum, as I recall, was that you can install XP3 directly. I know that because I used to think you couldn't!!! lol And when you run your Leopard install disk afterwards, all should be well - and if you want to do the BC 2.1 after that, that should be fine too.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.