Folder Share prob..

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a machine running Leopard and want to share out folders other than 'public' to a Mac running 10.4 (and probably another Mac)

On the Leopard machine, I have (as far as I can see) set all the right things for the share to happen.

- set up users and set permission to read/write for everyone group and other users
- enabled AFP, FTP and SMB checkboxes for the folder I am wanting to share
- checked the AppleTalk box on both machines
- I can't find how to enable bonjour on the Leopard machine but it is enabled on the 10.4 machine

So when connecting to the Leopard machine from the 10.4 machine either using guest or a user log in I have set up with full permission, it only shows the standard 'shared public folder' and not the one I want to share

Is there something I am missing? I didn't think it would be this hard.

Is there a work around?

I have seen that people used to use sharepoint but apparently this has been included into Leopard, but I just can't get it working

Thanks for any help

OP
M
Reaction score
Typical, just as I post the thread....

I have got it to connect but I can't set up a new user in Leopard for that folder.

I set one up and if I close the window and go back in, the user no longer there.

I can only therefor connect to the folder using the main admin user on the Leopard machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.