Bootcamp drivers and sp problem...

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been trying to install windows xp Pro on my macbook via bootcamp
For now, through the bootcamp assistant i created a 32Gb partition as i thought the write/read from osx would be practical and installed windows on the partition formated in FAT32.
Until then everything went well, i get into windows without a problem.
As soon as i boot the Leopard cd in windows it says that im not up to date so i figured i needed sp2
Got the sp2 installer but every time i try executing it it tells me that it needs an extra 4megabytes to install, even when i deleted stuff that were more than 4mb.
My windows is at the moment isnt even sp1 i think which is weird because my xp cd is the 2002 version, sp2...
anyone know what i should do to fix all of this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
My windows is at the moment isnt even sp1 i think which is weird because my xp cd is the 2002 version, sp2...
Here's your problem. As outlined here, you have to use an XP install disc that has at least SP2. Your disc could not have SP2 on it if it is from 2002 because, as seen here, SP2 came out in 2004.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, you can slipstream SP2 to a new burned CD. All you need is a copy of SP2 and your original XP SP1 disk. Go to this site and download "Autostreamer". Read the instructions carefully and then use the program to slipstream SP2. Autostreamer is free.

Some things to remember: Autostreamer is a Windows program and must be run in Windows to do the slipstreaming. Also, in order to install the new XP SP2 version you might have to start over. However, I would try installing it over the top of the already installed XP SP1 version first. That would save you considerable work.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.