THIS WILL TEST PEOPLE KNOWLODGE- I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've got a spare mac Hard drive and thinking of putting it too good use, it came out of my macbook which I have upgraded too 500Gb.

Anyway if I was to build my own spec computer then hook up my mac hard drive up to it would it work, in theory I think it would if I was running 3.0ghz intel processor and 4 Gb ram

Anyone have any say

Cheers Guys an Gals

:D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Whether it work or not depends on the hardware, but the fact of this is, if the hardware is not Apples, it's against Apples EULA to install or use OSX on any Non Apple machine. We here at Mac Forums go by USA Law and back Apples EULA.

So sorry, it's against the rules at Mac Forums to discuss OSX on Non Apple hardware.

I am reading your post correctly right? Build a PC and slap in the harddrive with OSX?

OP
A
Reaction score
I don't like the word PC makes me think windows YUK, but yeh thats what I'm asking and my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.