Airport keeps saying incorrect password

Reaction score
I just recently bought a Emac G4 second hand off a friend, it was running OS X 10.3.9 panther, and i decided to upgrade it to 10.4 tiger, the wireless internet worked perfectly, but now after i have upgraded it, the airport picks up our wireless network, but when i type in the password it says "incorrect password" any ideas? thankyou

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is your Wireless from a router? What type of Encryption are you using? WEP? WPA? If WEP is the key ASCII or HEX.

OP
K
Reaction score
yes its from a d-link router and its WPA and im not sure what key it is.

OP
K
Reaction score
yes its from a d-link router and its WPA and im not sure what key it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you been thru the sequence of shutting everything down then starting the D link wait for a bit then start the Emac

OP
K
Reaction score
yes ive tried that, it worked perfectly for 10.3.9 panther, but when i updated to tiger 10.4 its does this..

OP
K
Reaction score
yes ive tried that, it worked perfectly for 10.3.9 panther, but when i updated to tiger 10.4 its does this..

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I have a Macbook (10.5.8) that connects to my Sky Broadband router every time, and I get great download speed etc.

When I try to connect using my eMac (which used to connect, but now mysteriously doesn't), I use the same settings, the same password, the lot. And yet it insists that I've got the password wrong, or that I'm out of range. Well... the same computer worked in same location this time last week...!

I'm stumped. And annoyed.

Reaction score
OK... I shut the router down overnight, and it all came back as good as new. Shoulda tried that first time round... :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.