Which $300 flatbed scanner?

Reaction score
One of the Mac users on my network has asked me to suggest a flatbed scanner. I don't know the Mac software version being used. The scanner will be used mostly for scanning letter size plain paper documents. I was thinking about a CanoScan 9900F, but I came across a few unfavorable reviews from Mac users.

I would appreciate a couple suggestions in the $200 - $300 range.

The user wants to create and manipulate PDFs from the scanned images, so I have suggested Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Epson, by popular acclaim, seems to hold the lead with flatbed scanners. Having used several models, I have to agree. How they work readily with a Mac is another matter, which is where Canon gains some ground. Still, I'd vote for Epson.

Models? See Epson Scanners - Epson America, Inc. for the machines in your nominated price bracket.

OP
W
Reaction score
So it looks like the Epson Perfection V500 would be OK for this user. I am hoping someone here will have 1st hand experience with this scanner.

Reaction score
Run over to Office Depot this week. They have the V500 for $169.99.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.