Importing images to Powerpoint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina 5K), 27" 2019
Hi all, I am having a real mare trying to get started creating a PPT. Once I have started a new slide show, I try to import an image as a new slide but the program tells me that the file format is not supported. I have converted the image (that was created by a Nikon D200 as a raw .NEF file and then converted in PS to a TIFF) to .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .png, .pict, .pict file, .gif, etc, ad infinitum, Infact, the whole list that I have in CS3 photoshop version 10.01, but no file type is accepted. Is there anyone who has found the same problem and resolved it? Any advice would be really appreciated. I am running MAC OSX version 10.4.11 with Adobe Creative Suite (CS3).

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
How are you importing the image into Power Point?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina 5K), 27" 2019
Hi, I have used the Powerpoint drop down menu, after having created a new Slide presentation via: Insert/slide from file/ select all documents/select jpg… and that's when the little dialogue box appears saying: Powerpoint cannot open this file represented by etc etc (my computer's name). I have also tried opening a new tile and then dragging the jpg to the tile… nothing happens. I have also tried double clicking in the tile, in the hope that it would prompt to find a file, but all it does is open the tile to full screen with options to adjust the text fields. I have looed at the help files and checked that the files i want to import are the right type, ie jpgs and they are. I have also changed the file to every other file type but with no success!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
From what you say it sounds like time to go to iWork 09 and Keynote - i have never worried about pic formats/types i have dragged and dropped into the Keynotes i have done.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hi, I have used the Powerpoint drop down menu, after having created a new Slide presentation via: Insert/slide from file/ select all documents/select jpg… and that's when the little dialogue box appears saying: Powerpoint cannot open this file represented by etc etc (my computer's name). I have also tried opening a new tile and then dragging the jpg to the tile… nothing happens. I have also tried double clicking in the tile, in the hope that it would prompt to find a file, but all it does is open the tile to full screen with options to adjust the text fields. I have looed at the help files and checked that the files i want to import are the right type, ie jpgs and they are. I have also changed the file to every other file type but with no success!

I don't think that's how you are suppose to go about importing pictures to a PowerPoint document.

Usually I go "Insert-> Picture."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.