• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Don't use Pixmania

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
I tried to buy the latest Macbook white from pixmania.co.uk because it is cheapest there. The website has it put that it is In stock. This is a lie. I bought one and I should have received it maximum today. However I sent them an email with my fustrations and they bloody say it isn't in stock. There telephone service says it is being prepared for dispatch, so that is wrong as well. I wanted to talk to someone and complain but I was on hold for too long and I'm too impatient. I've asked for a refund. I'm going to wait until September when snow Leopard is out and I will then buy a Macbook white from another company regardless of price.

Don't buy from them, they are terrible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
TRy and get in contact with them if you can, how long have you been waiting?

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bought it last Tuesday. I was expecting the Macbook to arrive between Friday and Monday, today being the maximum.

I will try ringing again tommorrow and this time I'll put it on loud speaker and browse the internet while I wait for a customer service advisor. I'll probably get an email back for my cancelation and refund request tommorrow. If they say they can't stop it being sent, then I'll definitely get on the phone.

What if they gave me a discount or something as an apology? That would be a silver lining but I doubt that because they are rubbish.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The same problem with another company?

And I think Currys will be the next cheapest. I'll review the prices again in September and most likely go with Currys.

I googled the Better Business Bureau anf since it's USA and Canada only it's no good for me, whatever it exactly is. So what is it exactly?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I googled the Better Business Bureau anf since it's USA and Canada only it's no good for me, whatever it exactly is. So what is it exactly?
Here you go. If you are outside of Canada/U.S., it will be of no use to you though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
You can just buy it directly from Apple, it's the most reliable source for Apple computers. Wherever you are, there has to be an Apple store near you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can just buy it directly from Apple, it's the most reliable source for Apple computers. Wherever you are, there has to be an Apple store near you.
I agree about buying one from Apple. Your best to go straight from the source.

As for the Apple Store, there aren't that many in certain countries around the world. There are only 10 stores in all of Canada for example, 5 of which are in Ontario (of which 4 of the 5 are in one city). All of the stores are concentrated in 4 of the 10 provinces (ON, QC, AB and BC). For some, that could mean it would have to be a flight to get to an Apple Store. Outside of Canada, there are only Apple Stores in 8 other countries.

If you're not near an Apple Store, the online store is more than good enough. If you can get to a store, it can't hurt to go there.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many retailers have it cheaper though.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps they do but how much cheaper and is it worth going through this again? My advice would be to go through Apple (which I have stated) or if not, go through someone with a well established reputation.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Amazon should be fine. I looed at reviews for Currys and they are bad so I think I'll settle with Amazon. Amazon has the Macbook for about £50 cheaper than Apple. I have used Amazon before with no problems and it has good reviews. From now onwards I wont assume I will receive flawless internet shopping and will only buy from good companies.

I've learnt my lesson. It wont happen again.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't believe this. They've sent the Macbook even after I canceled the order.

They haven't taken any money from my account. Maybe they wont realise and I can sell the Macbook and get some extra money? I've bought one from Amazon now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Send it back, don't chance it!

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was thinking I should cancel the Amazon order as that is more expensive and now should arrive at simialr times but I don't think Pixmania deserve the money, so I'm quite content in paying more. It's only about £38.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hmm. If Amazon haven't sent it yet, cancel that one.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't cancel it on Amazon. I can only return unwanted items. I have a feeling Pixmania will expect me to return theirs. They said on their website they can't stop dispatch but by email they said something different. I feel as if the website was correct and I'm supposed to return it by refusing the item.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You need to call them both on the phone and get advice.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pixmania cut me off when I've tried to ring them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Do you have to sign for the item that pixmania sent you. If you do you're in luck. Just tell the man delivering it to you, it's not your item. Play dumb and say I did not order any computer from them and refuse to sign for the item. And since you did not sign, the man can not release the item to you. And it will probably be sent to pixmania.

And if they do actually take money from your account, seek legal advice promptly. Yes make sure this does not get out of hand or it cost you a lot of money in the long run.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've threatened them that I'd get a solicitor and make a claim against them if they did already. That's the worst case scenario.

And I will refuse it. It says on their website, if I do this it will return to pixmania. It says people should do this if they want to cancel an order. I sent them an email requesting it be taken off the records as it wasn't in stock. THere was no need for it to be sent. It appeared they agreed at first but I may have to refuse the unnessicary delivery.

Shame it happened the day after I ordered from amazon. That is bad luck but like I said before, I don't mind paying an extra £38 to avoid my money going to a bad company. If I keep thinking that and I keep my philosophy of no regrets, then I shouldn't get annoyed about it.

The good thing is, I only have to wait until Tuesday for the Amazon delivery! Shame they couldn't dispatch it earlier but at least I have free one day delivery. Better than 3-5 day standard delivery.

Then I should get off this PS3 and on my first PC, the Macbook. I have to use my PS3 now because the computer I used before is broken. Bad luck stuck another time, a few weeks back, in the form of a lightning bolt. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.