• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Movies starring Macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro, 2.53gHz, 4GB mem, 250GB HD; 13.3" Macbook (White), 2gHz, 2GB mem, 120GB HD
Hey Everyone! I was trying to think of a list of movies where Apple computers or products were prominently used. In one of my favorite movies, You've Got Mail, Meg Ryan's character used a Mac Laptop from the 90s. Can you help me think of any others?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
This isn't very prominent, but in Paprika, a Macbook Pro is used to run a program that allows you to record and revisit your dreams.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro, 2.53gHz, 4GB mem, 250GB HD; 13.3" Macbook (White), 2gHz, 2GB mem, 120GB HD
Interesting... might need to rent that one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Okay, here's one. In "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home", Scotty uses a Mac from years and years ago. He tries talking to it...then the guy who owns it hands him a mouse. Then he tries to talk into the mouse. Finally, he is instructed to use the Keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2, 17" Hi-Res Display ; iPhone 3G 2.1
In Wall-E, when he reboots he plays the mac startup chime.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
In Japanese Animation there are Mac users too. ^-^" There is also shameful advertisement for Pizza Hut as well. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Some of these are from memory - some are from when I was searching to confirm memory.

If you go pre mac - there is an Apple IIc in the sub basement where the reclusive genius lives in the movie Real Genius. (from memory)

Jurassic Park - the first movie - there are Macs in the control room. And although they are shown as the controller systems of the park, aside from a few scenes showing MacOS, the rest of the displays were a different OS (from memory)

Final Destination 2 has a mac (well box at least, don't remember if the Mac itself was ever shown) being carried in a hallway (from search while confirming my memory of Jurassic Park)

Austin Powers Gold Member a Mac laptop is used (from search while confirming my memory of Jurassic Park)

American Pie - kid in love with the super model girl had it in his room that I'm pretty sure was used to broadcast the webcam. (from search while confirming...)

Independence day - Goldbloom used a Mac laptop to display the timer countdown and deliver the virus to the aliens. (from memory)

More modern - the current season of Leverage on TNT - the hacker member of the Leverage team is using Macbook Pros. (from memory, and the fact that I remember seeing them when I watched the episode from a week ago)

And as CrimsonRequiem mentioned - there are quite a few Macs in Japanese Animation, including several series in which the primary characters exhibit hikokimori traits, or are self proclaimed hikokimori - none of which I can name off the top of my head at this very moment, but I have seen them all over in different series, movies, ova's, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Holden McNeil uses a G4 Cube, and then there is an Apple LCD on the Moobies cow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.