Enabling the "F" keys in windows XP

Reaction score
I'm a new mac user. I just brought a MBP a couple of weeks ago, and I know how to dual boot into Windows XP. In fact, I'm running Windows (PC) games on the Windows XP side of my MBP, and I'm also running XnView (a free screenshot capture utility) on the windows XP side of my MBP to take screenshots of the PC games that I'm playing on the Windows XP side of my MBP, and XnView uses the "F" (windows function keys e.g. F7, F10, F11, F12, etc) to capture a screenshot during gameplay. Ok - how do I permanently enable these function keys in Windows XP without having to do a double keystroke (pressing the "fn" key + one of the function keys, say, F10) every time I want to do a screen capture of a PC game during gameplay?

Thanks in advance.

OP
K
Reaction score
I solved this problem yesterday evening. Through a lot half the night before yesterday and all day yesterday until yesterday evening - I found the answer on another mac (not the one where I'm a member). This answer said to R-click the bootcamp icon in the windows xp taskbar, go to preferences > keyboard > checkmark the "enable use of the "F" keys as windows standard function keys". After I did this, I tested the solution by using XnView to take a couple of screenshots of my windows xp desktop using just the F10 key, and it worked!

Previously I had to press the "Fn" key plus the F10 key when using XnView to take screenshots. This bothered me since I'm planning on playing games on my windows side and using XnView to take multiple screenshots during gameplay for the entire length of the games while keeping one hand/finger on a game's action key/mouse button while pressing the screenshot hotkey with my left index finger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.