Pixelmator Photo Editing

Reaction score
Would like to hear from users of the pros and cons of this editing system.
I.E. Simplicity of use. How comprehensive. Would it be ideal for a beginner.
How does it compare with Photoshop Elements. All answers appreciated.
Charles

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've owned Pixelmator since version 1.3 and find it very easy to use and flexible. I was an avid Photoshop Elements user on Windows and find it to be more limiting (i.e. the user interface limits a lot of functionality that is readily available in Pixelmator). With that said, there is somewhat of a learning curve for a novice to image editing. There are quite a few tutorials out there, most notably from Screencasts Online.

I would recommend downloading the free trial and see what you think of it.

Reaction score
I agree with cwa107 that Pixelmator is better that Photoshop Elements. I use Pixelmator as well as GraphicConverter from Lemekesoft.com for some editing.

But you may want to check out the Apps that came on your Mac free. I find I can do most of my Photo editing between iPhoto and Preview. Both will do Cropping and Color correction. Preview will resize, even batch resize and iPhoto will Straighten, retouch and Red eye.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi All, Thanks for taking the time to reply. Most grateful for your answers.

Charles

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.