• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where to learn how to play guitar and melt faces?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
So after melting my roommate's kid's face off Sunday (he's two, it didn't take much), I figured I should maybe learn how to play for real.

I sold a Hamer and a Crate 4x12 cab and picked up an American strat for about $50 last week. I've played guitar on and off for the past few years and in a band. I also play bass and have played in a band. I'm much better at bass, but I want to learn how to do this.

I don't really suck, but I can't shred. I'm dusting off the rust since playing every day and starting to write again so I'm wanting to learn techniques that will help with soloing and such. I have some theory knowledge, but I'm not super strong on it. I'm really looking for online reading that I can check out during down times at work so that I can have some stuff to try in the evenings.

Any suggestions before I dive into Google?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Ultimate guitar for a lot of stuff, youtube, garage band, and practice like its no ones business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Years, and years of practice my friend.

Seriously though, do a quick search for "shred techniques" or something similar.. Learn LOTS of scales. Then just practice the heck out of them. Repeat them until you hear them in your sleep.

Wake up, repeat.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I found out what kind of guitar it is.

'02 Fender Highway 1 in Satin Blue. It needs a name and automatically I thought of Senses Fail's, "Lady in a Blue Dress". Need some sort of connection there.

Most of the lyrics:

Verse:
Just like the lady in the blue dress,
You've got cigarettes on your breath,
Hairspray and some cheap perfume
I'll put a little sour in your sweet
You've got so much ******* tongue in cheek
You want what you could never have

Chorus:
You say THAT you want respect
Well then you'd better get some for yourself
'Cause all, that I see right now
Is someone who's lost and insecure

Verse:
So you say, that I am rated X
You suffer from the lack of sex
Black heart and your lipstick smeared
Your points are trite, and I'm too sober
to deal with you running over
your same pathetic cliche lines

Screaming part?:
Don't try to be cute with me,
'Cause I know you hate yourself
And you'd end your stupid life now
but you're too spineless

Not a huge fan of the band, but it was like an instant connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I love Senses Fail!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.