Windows XP trouble on macbookpro

Reaction score
All right well, I've been running Windows XP on bootcamp on my Macbook pro for well over a year now.
Ever since I had this thing where if I played a game for hours in a row, or if I played different games without first rebooting or playing a game during or right after an installation, the audio would be horribly lagging affecting the actual gameplay.
I lived with it as just rebooting went pretty fast and rebooting after an installation is probably healthier.

Recently though, I'm really not sure why,
but the starting up time of Windows XP became very slow ( 1,5 minutes or so)
as well as loading times for games etc.
And on these games for example on Fallout 3 whenever I put the in-game radio on for more than a 10 minutes, the game and audio would start lagging horribly.

Now, I've tried having my pagefile set to be changed as the system sees it necessary - didn't help
I've tried to update my realtek driver from 5.10.0.5888 to 6.(and so on) but after the installation and the reboot it just remained on 5.10.0.5888.

My question/ cry for help is now:
Is the problem at my un-updated Realtek driver ?
if yes - then how do I update it (successfully)

and if not - then ... what is the problem with my poor mac ?:Shouting: :Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.