Is screencountry.com a legit business?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently cracked the screen of my 13.3" White Macbook (early 2008 model) and I am looking to replace the screen without having to pay Apple $500.00. I have been surfing the net, and found a website called screencountry.com that sells Macbook screens for a ridiculously low price compared to other vendors. But before I buy from them, I need to know, is this a scam? Or will they actually provide me with a legitimate, workable, macbook screen?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hello all,

I recently cracked the screen of my 13.3" White Macbook (early 2008 model) and I am looking to replace the screen without having to pay Apple $500.00. I have been surfing the net, and found a website called screencountry.com that sells Macbook screens for a ridiculously low price compared to other vendors. But before I buy from them, I need to know, is this a scam? Or will they actually provide me with a legitimate, workable, macbook screen?

The site appears to be OK, but more importantly, are you OK with replacing the screen yourself? Lots of folks have posted in this forum after doing a screen replacement only to report a story of woe:

Screen replacement didn't work

Broken connectors while replacing

Dislodged airport antenna, now airport not working right or weak signal

Etc, etc.

Make sure you're capable of doing the work and that you get an exact replacement display. Several sites have instructions on how to replace the display. You might want to look one over and get an idea of what's involved. The ifixit do it yourself site is a good one.

iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.