iPhone's LCD

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new in this forum and I am an iPhone user. Recently, my youngest brother told me to get him a second hand iPhone and I found a person whom is willing to let go of his 2G since he has plans to upgrade his device to the 3Gs.

Anyway, I noticed in the photo that he sent me that the LCD screen of the iPhone has tiny lines. It is not scratches on the touchscreen but more like "pixelation lines". Apparently, he told me the lines started spreading out of the blue and he has never sent it for repairs since it was bought from the US ( I'm from Asia, by the way ).

Has any of your iPhones encountered this before? Can it be repaired?

So, I hope you guys can give me some information before I proceed with the deal as I am pretty reluctant to buy it due to the lines. Check the attachment below.

Thanks!

:Blushing:

The lines i metioned.JPG

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Dead pixels. >_>"

If it's still under warranty maybe they can fix it. Otherwise it will cost money to fix.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hah! I thought so too ... I doubt it is under warranty anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
don't waste your time,It's not worth fixing. There are so many good deals on used iPhones right now.

Reaction score
iphones have 2 year warranty, so chances are that phone is still under warranty. otherwise, an LCD panel for the iphone without the digitizer glass is only like $50 at the most off ebay if youre handy and can fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
iphones have 2 year warranty, so chances are that phone is still under warranty.

I believe the iPhone has a 1 year warranty. Purchasing Applecare would extend the warranty to 2 years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
iPhone has a 1 year warranty, Don't be fooled the 1st generation iPhone when replacing any part of the display unit, You must replace the entire display which includes Glass,lcd and digitizer you can't just replace the lcd or the glass this is a big common myth among people with broken 2G iPhones.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Wouldn't purchase any used electronics device that needs immediate repair unless: 1) you're getting it free or almost free, 2) have some experience working on these sort of things and 3) have already verified the price of the replacement parts.

It's easy to get sucked into a situation where you have almost as much into a device as you would have spent just getting the new one to begin with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Definitely not under warranty: He's using it with maxis according to that pic. The only official iPhone 2G carriers were AT&T, T-Mobile Germany, O2 UK and a few other european carriers. Maxis is in malaysia (from what Google tells me), so it's probably never been officially activated and is therefore not eligible for repairs under warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.