LCD Display Vs Mac Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont own one yet
Hi,

im a current PC user and really keen on purchasing one of those cool mac pro quad core systems, - not the laptop one but the tower type system. Anyway, i currently have a Acer P244w 24" display and i really didnt want to ditch it and i didnt want to have to buy a new monitor if i can help it. Will most monitors/displays work on a mac?

Thanks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hi,

im a current PC user and really keen on purchasing one of those cool mac pro quad core systems, - not the laptop one but the tower type system. Anyway, i currently have a Acer P244w 24" display and i really didnt want to ditch it and i didnt want to have to buy a new monitor if i can help it. Will most monitors/displays work on a mac?

Thanks

We know what the difference between MBP and a MacPro is. >_>"

Go here and scroll down towards the middle of the page. It's under Graphics Cards. That should answer your question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
We know what the difference between MBP and a MacPro is. >_>"

Was that really necessary?
rolleyes2.gif

It will work. The Mac Pro has a DVI port (Well, two :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Your display will work. heck my older Core Duo Mac Mini can drive a 22 inch LCD at the correct resolution and colour depth.....easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.