AIO Printer Reccomendations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Ok ok ok...I know...I'd be better off getting discrete devices which perform their individual functions better than an All-in-one could ever hope to...yeah yeah yeah... I've got space constraints though and I need the ability to easily do multipage faxes. Scanning quality is nice, but not a deal breaker...I can deal with an ok scanner if the Print quality, speed, ease of use, and decent cost per print is there. I've been looking at this Printer...
But I've been thinking maybe I'd be better off with a printer like this one ...paired with a dedicated small photo printer like one of the Canon CP models. I run my own small business from the house...and a majority of my printing is B&W...but I do print photos on occasion. Cost is an issue...but I'm not averse to paying more for a device that will work well for its intended uses. My feature priorities are basically as such (in order of priority):

#1 - Compatibility with both Macs and PCs and Networkability.
#2 - Multipage Fax and ADF.
#3 - Print speed and quality.
#4 - Cost per page.
#5 - Scan Quality.

So basically I'm torn...on the one hand I like the idea of the reduced price per page and better B&W performance of the laserjet...but I like the space savings and convenience of the Office Jet AIO (The added benefit of having the card reader integrated is a plus as well).

My questions for the readers are as follows:

1.) Has anyone had any experiences that they can share about using these AIO's in Mac OS X Panther? Please reply and elaborate.

2.) Are there any other Inkjet or Laser AIO's that I should consider before purchasing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, you wont get the quality from an all in one as you would from independent pieces, but dont get an hp. if anything try for a canon, or at least an epson if possible.
and welcome to the forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.