PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow Advice

psychohistoric
07-06-2009, 02:47 AM
I've been tasked with making a slideshow for a friend's farewell party. I've never made one before and I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. I want to be able to burn (and play) it on a DVD, add music (and time transitions to the music) and text panels. I noticed iPhoto does slideshows, but it seems weak in the music edit/timing respect. That, or I'm missing something, which is entirely possible. I can also do it on iMovie HD. Are these the best programs to be using for this? Any suggestions or advice? I'm a Mac novice.

Mac'nCheese
07-06-2009, 06:16 AM
If you don't mind spending a few bucks for it, try PhotoMagico by Boinx. I used this to put together a slide show for my in-laws' 50th anniversary. It was very easy to create a professional looking show. You can adjust transitions and duration, as well as text, narration and music. You can download a demo and check it out here. Boinx Software - FotoMagico - Overview (http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/overview/)

CrimsonRequiem
07-06-2009, 07:21 AM
I've been tasked with making a slideshow for a friend's farewell party. I've never made one before and I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. I want to be able to burn (and play) it on a DVD, add music (and time transitions to the music) and text panels. I noticed iPhoto does slideshows, but it seems weak in the music edit/timing respect. That, or I'm missing something, which is entirely possible. I can also do it on iMovie HD. Are these the best programs to be using for this? Any suggestions or advice? I'm a Mac novice.

Do you have the latest versions of iPhoto and iMovie? iPhoto does give you options to time the music better. Maybe you should play around with it a little more.

These two applications are not the best at making a slideshow...but it's probably one of the more easier ways to go about doing it.

I'm more use to Power Point presentations myself so this is all new to me as well.

Collin Bl
07-06-2009, 07:26 AM
iWorks Keynote has plenty of ability with drag and drop, timings and music can all be configured to suit. Magic Move and Instant Alpha are 2 standouts.

psychohistoric
07-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks. I'll look into iWorks and PhotoMagico.