• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Possible movie script

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hi there. I have an idea for a movie script that I want to write, but I need some help from my fellow mac users to do it.

My basic story is that someone is pirating a wi-fi signal and accidentally prints a page off the internet on how to make a nuclear bomb onto someone else's printer. The owner of the printer has to find out who it is and stop them before there is a terrorist attack.

My question - is there any effective way to trace where someone is locking on to a wi-fi network from? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Im not CERTAIN of this but... im fairly sure most routers have a log to keep track of whos been on and off the network. This would give you a MAC address of the machine.

However I dont think any of this equates to a geographical location...

Infact I think my answers pretty useless... ;)

OP
iPod Nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is a Mac Address?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
OP
iPod Nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm. Of course, if the computer was still connected, and if the person using it were an idiot, and they had put their name as the computer name, I might be able to figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.