Installing VMWare and XP/Vista

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
So, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I figured it was the closest for my purposes since I have never used Winbloze. I'm just wondering what the steps to partitioning and installation would be. I wouldn't have to reformat my entire disk, would I? I don't really want to lose all my stuff, but I would like to be able to run some windoews apps if I need to.

So... could somebody detail what an installation of VMWare Fusion with XP/Vista would entail? Thanks dudes.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
With virtualization products, you create a virtual hard drive which is simply a file but acts like a hard drive. Once you launch your VM, the installation is just like if you were installing it as a primary OS. In this case though, the "hard drive" is simply a file on your machine and Windows runs in a window on your Mac.

Watch this YouTube video to get a sense of what installing Windows is like in Fusion.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Thanks vansmith... took me a while to find my thread after it got moved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.