Brickhouse firewall with iTunes

S

*SquALED*

Ya people. Just downloaded Brickhouse firewall and set it to default to deny all outgoing/incoming because I like to configure things manually. 1 prob tho....cant seem to find the right port to open to allow iTunes streaming radio....Port 80 is all ready open but nothing....Any ideas?

1 other thing and I know this isn't really the place but i thought it would avoid a double post.....dreamweaver 2004 has the same prob....cant connect to server although ftp 20-21 are open..??

Sq :robot:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
why do you want another firewall? the one built in to osx is more than sufficient and you can manually configure posrts as much as you want. this software is most likely causing the problem, if os x's built in firewall is also on, you need to turn it off.

OP
K

Kokopelli

For FTP try passive mode. Not sure what port for streaming audio though. You mean internet radio stations correct?

OP
S

*SquALED*

Macman - how do I configure ports using the OsX firewall? I see you can change basic stuff in services but there doesn't seem to be the ability to open/close specific ports - brickhouse lets you do this.

Kokopelli - yep thats right, internet radio. I know the ports for music sharing but this doesn't bother me..just internet radio really

Thanx for replying guys..Sq

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
System Preferences>Sharing>firewall:

You'll see new edit and delete buttons.

Explore...(At the bottom of the pop up list if you hit other, it allows you to enter the port name, or port range(ex. 20-200)

Enjoy

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106439

That URL tells all the ports used with OSX.

Hope that helps you out!

Edited.

8000-8999-Web service, iTunes Radio streams

42000-42999-iTunes Radio streams

Try one or both of those ranges in your firewall. Like MacMan said, The OSX firewall is really all you need. I once tried Brickhouse and found it way too complicated when in a hurry. The OSX one is very easy to set up and use and does everything you would ever need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ApplejustWorks said:
System Preferences>Sharing>firewall:

You'll see new edit and delete buttons.

Explore...(At the bottom of the pop up list if you hit other, it allows you to enter the port name, or port range(ex. 20-200)

Enjoy
that is correct AJW.:mac:

OP
S

*SquALED*

Right-tried using OSX firewall and clicked new and added msn to the list. no check box selected in the firewall list and firewall on - msn connects...hmmmm Sq

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.