• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

fedex is dookie

Reaction score
so this weekend my ibook was suppose to come, so I wanted most of the day and put my plans off to wait on my package to come, waited, waited, waited, no fedex truck, so I call fedex to see if they can contact to driver and see if I could meet me at a certain location but the fedex rep said "They don't like that sir" so I leave a note on my front door telling them to not leave package because I had plans that I really needed to attend to. So I come back sunday afternoon and call fedex again to see if I could pick up my package monday. "Sir we are sorry but fedex home delivery is closed on mondays, you will have to wait till tuesday" So I tell the rep that I will be at work and be hard to make it back home to sign a paper for him to leave a package so she goes on to tell me "Sir, call (forgot name) and tell them to re route to your work address" but the thing is with home delivery they deliver up to 8:30pm! ! so if they so happen to bring the package to work at 8:30pm no one going to be there and like I trust anyone at my work..., so I signed the sheet on my front door left by fedex to leave package, but I also left another note saying for them to put it in the unlocked car and then lock it. SO we will see what happens. :eek:neye:

OP
J
Reaction score
oh yeah one other thing I forgot to note, I told the fedex rep if it was ok if I left my cell number so the fedex guy could call me if he wanted, she told me that wouldnt be a good idea since someone could steal my number and use it to rack up my cell bill and then I asked her then why do sales people and every other business person put a cell number on their business card.. she said I dont know... so Im leaving my cell number anyways..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just have fedex leave it with one of your neighbors.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well I thought about that, I just moved into this neighbor hood not long ago and know no one lol so I not sure about that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
I have had some of the same problems with fedex. First i ordered a Canon A95 digital camera and when i ordered it i said that i wanted it delivered at around 2 pm since i don't get out of school until 130 ish. well the first day i get home from school there is a not on the door that siad"could not make delivery..." I was upset so i called the fedex people and told the AGAIN what time i wanted it delivered and they said OK. So i signed the first slip and put it back on the door for the guy to see. Well, the second day came and when i got home there was anothre note on the door, this one siad, "unable to make delivery" and then the driver put on the back "i will not be out here (i live in the country...way out in the country) that late" So that got me really mad. I had ordered this express so i could have it before my family and i went on vacation. When i called back this time they told me that because of the price of the item they could not just leave it without a signature, and i pointed out to them that i had singed the first note that was on the door. So i told them one more time what time i wanted it delivered (2pm again) and they said OK.

I ended up staying home from school the third day (i was sick lol) and thge fedex guy showed up at about 10:30 in the morning. He ended up getting an ear full and now the fedex people don't like to deliver to us lol.

My mom also ordered something for me for christmas and it came fedex. This box was just small enough to fit in the mailbox so the fedex guy jamed it in there. The wierd thing was my mom was actually home the day that package came and the fedex man came to the door left the sing on the door and then took off. he didn;t even wait to talk to my mom. The fedex guy know someone was home because the garage door was open and my moms truck was inside.

Oh well, now the fedex people are scared of us. lol

P

pstauff

I'm not sure if you are in a safe area or not, I have a signature waiver on file. They drop all my stuff at my door. I've never had a problem. (Knock on wood)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
i don't have any signature waiver and I work from home and they always just drop it off, all of them! UPS, USPS, DHL etc.. it's pretty sad. They did that with my iMac G5, my business chair.. every single thing! Im not sure which is better... I don't care much for fedex due to their business practices.

OP
J
Reaction score
the customer support is awful, if I do not get my package tomarrow I will be upset for sure, and then wednesday will be there final attempt before sending my package back to the sender...............

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.