trying to install xp and the disc is stuck

Reaction score
i bought a mac book pro.. and bought the xp cd.. i was trying to install xp but now no install and cd would not come out..

my computer just keeps on trying to install the cd.. i try to eject the cd but would not come out..

sorry for my english.. need help plz.

thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
To run XP you need to install Parallels or VM FusionWare or Bootcamp. To get the disc out hold down left mouse button after powering on and the disc will be popped out.

OP
S
Reaction score
thank you sir.. but i got the cd out using my credit card..

now when i turn on computer it says "disk error" " press any key"

but i press key nothing happens..

so i try to put mac cd in but samething happens..

i did install bootcamp and then put xp cd in.. and this is wat happen..

do i need to take my computer to mac store?

i am so frustated...

Reaction score
I'd recommend a visit to your local Apple Store. If you keep fiddling with it and trying to fix it yourself, you will only do more damage, and Apple won't cover that sort of thing under warranty.

Reaction score
Installing Windows XP on iMac

Hi,

I almost have a similar problem while I was installing Windows XP. After the set up copies all the required files (immediately after selecting the drive) the computer restarts and I get a screen which says "press any key to boot from CD....., disk error, press any key to restart. There is no response after I press any key. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.