• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac or Windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D
Reaction score
i have a mac and i am wondering if i should stay with it or go back to a windows computer,

OP
D
Reaction score
i like macs but i think its just because im still learning and dont know everything that you can do with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I don't prefer either. Each of them have their own strong points and weak points. The great thing about the new macs is that they allow bootcamp so we can have both mac and windows on one machine legally.

OP
D
Reaction score
i like macs but i think its just because im still learning and dont know everything that you can do with it

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i have a mac and i am wondering if i should stay with it or go back to a windows computer,

If you can tolerate Windows, why buy a Mac?

Windows PCs are less expensive, come in a wider variety of configurations and are universally supported in both 3rd party software and hardware.

This is really a no-brainer, at least to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Games.

It's looking like you may not be able to game with the new unibody MBP's due to over heating, even though the specs blow away the 17" dell notebook I bought in 06.

My next desktop is probably going to be a built watercooled game machine. I hear that the i7's are pretty much obsolete as Intel is planning on releasing the i5's soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This has been covered ad naseum in hundreds of threads here over the years.
They never end well, so this one is going to end now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.