Irony or karma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
I was in the AT&T store today, 32GB iPhone on the counter ready to add my girlfriend to the family talk plan and switch the sim card from my 3G so I can use the 3G S....when the service rep tells my girlfriend that her number isn't portable...

Sale cancelled...the girlfriend seems to be emotionally attached to her phone number. She's gonna sleep on it and decided if she wants to part with it or not. Meanwhile I'm still using the 3G when a bright shiny new 3G S was moments away from my hand.

Karma or just irony?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well did you do something bad to someone? Then it's karma because it goes full circle and comes to bit you on the bum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Now if you had MADE her get the original number she seems attached to, that would be both Irony AND Karma.

I can see how people can get attached to numbers. I've had mine for 10 years and I'd be lost if it changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm with baggss. I've had my number for nine years now and it would be a total pain if I had to get it changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I've had my most current number for about 2 years now and have only just started remembering it! So when I upgrade I will be doing all I can to keep my number! lol (plus its an awesome number :))

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
I thought, surely, the prospect of a month old iphone for free would be enough incentive to change her number, but, alas, 3 days later and she's still "thinking about it"

Reaction score
She is seeing someone else and couldn't bear the thought of her 'lovebunny' not being able to get in touch with her.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.