Lost all contacts after 3.0 upgrade

Reaction score
Everything else is in tact, my texts, my photos, call log, etc, but the call log now just shows numbers instead of names and NO contacts.

My contacts are stored on an Exchange server. I don't use mail on Exchange though, only contacts...

I tried restoring from a previous backup in itunes, but it didn't give me any of my contacts back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Are the contacts still on the exchange server?

Reaction score
IMAP issue with contacts

I have upgraded to the 3.0 software on an iPhone 3G 16GB (2008 version) and so far have been happy. The problem I am having now is that I use an IMAP setting to connect to my exchange account through outlook.

When I attempt to send an email, i get an error "Sender address is not valid".

I have deleted the account, rebooted and reinstalled the account as I have had it, still no luck.

I dont have a problem receiving e-mails, I just cant send any.

What I have noticed, under "settings" under each e-mail account, it shows what is being sync'd. The iMap Outlook and the POP Bellsouth account show "mail" only under the name, the true exchange account (another account) created under Exchange in the iPhone shows mail, contacts and calendars, and last my .mac account/Mobile Me account shows mail, contacts, calendars and bookmarks.

I guess something is missing on the IMAP account setting.

I have just cross checked against all counts, the iMap is the only one where I cannot send out an e-mail. It constantly loops, attempting to send the e-mails.

This was my way around connecting two different exchange accounts on the phone, one through the standard echange setting and the other through iMAP using Outlook/Exchange.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
IMAP issue with contacts

I have upgraded to the 3.0 software on an iPhone 3G 16GB (2008 version) and so far have been happy. The problem I am having now is that I use an IMAP setting to connect to my exchange account through outlook.

I'm having the same problem on my POP account used for Bellsouth.net

When I attempt to send an email, i get an error "Sender address is not valid".

I have deleted the account, rebooted and reinstalled the account as I have had it, still no luck.

I dont have a problem receiving e-mails, I just cant send any.

What I have noticed, under "settings" under each e-mail account, it shows what is being sync'd. The iMap Outlook and the POP Bellsouth account show "mail" only under the name, the true exchange account (another account) created under Exchange in the iPhone shows mail, contacts and calendars, and last my .mac account/Mobile Me account shows mail, contacts, calendars and bookmarks.

I guess something is missing on the IMAP and POP account settings.

I have just cross checked against all counts, the iMap is the only one where I cannot send out an e-mail. It constantly loops, attempting to send the e-mails.

This was my way around connecting two different exchange accounts on the phone, one through the standatd echange setting and the other through iMAP and Outlook Exchange.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.