comic life and printing mirror image?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Ok, so I feel like an idiot again... I am making a bunch of t-shirt for my students and want to do the iron-on thing. I made a Comic Life document with pictures and words, but cannot figure out for the life of me how to print it out in a mirror image so it irons on correctly!! Can anyone help me?? Also, do you know how to do it in Microsoft office?? Thank you so much!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
Click on the image then move the cursor over to the edge of the box. It should change to 2 little arrows. Click and drag to the left so the image flips over and is a mirror image. If you used word art it will work on that too.

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to show me! Can I do this with the text boxes also? I didn't see the same choices in the details pain for the text.

Again, thank you so much!

Reaction score
I wanted to make t-shirts as well and was having trouble with the mirror image aspect. My sister told me the easiest thing is to create the design in keynote. When you finish hit select all and then go to arrange and click flip horizontally or flip vertically. So simple. Much easier than the other suggestions I read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Also possible in Preview which is already in your Apps folder - good for adjusting pic resolution and exposure as well;

Click for full size

Reaction score
printing mirror image

I have been able to create a mirror image of text using the preview app. However when i print it it is not a mirror image. Help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Did u use 'Save As' before selecting Print?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo OSX 10.5.8 iMac iPhone 3GS 16GB Apple TV
In this amount of time...

you could've handed it to somebody and they could've flipped canvas horizontally in photoshop and problem would be solved.

Reaction score
OS X and CUPS Mirror image printing

All,

It's really simple.

1. Use the print to PDF feature built into OSX.
2. Remember what you named your document and where you saved it.
3. Open 'Terminal'
4. Use the built in command lp to send the job to the printer:

lp -o mirror filename

That's it. The PDF file is sent to the CUPS print server. The CUPS print server renders it in mirror image and sends it to your default printer.

Enjoy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.