Anyone having the "HOME" button stick?

N

Notopi

For some reason on my iPhone it takes an arm to press down the "HOME" button to exit out of an app or message.

Just wanting to know if anyone else is having the same problem?

Should I contact apple and get a replacement? Or....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I would certainly take it to Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
I have that but its not hard to press it just makes like a clicking sound. It's a little harder to press and it's definitely sticking. I would take yours to apple provided you have apple care/warranty left.

Reaction score
I have seen three things cause this software, corroded connectors, and a bad home ribbon. You can always do a backup and restore on the phone I have seen it fix this issue and it is free and easy. If that does not work open the case and clean the connectors and the board underneath the home button another easy free option. If you are out of warranty you can replace the home button ribbon but it can be a pain if you are not familiar with the repair. There are some good tutorials out there if you want to go that route.

If you have questions PM me and I can help walk you thru it. If you dont want to fool with it and Apple wont help send it to me I own an iPhone repair company. MC2 iPhone Repair Birmingham, AL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.