MacBook Pro full bars, but no internet in only 1 wireless network

Reaction score
So, the problem is that my computer is not not connecting to the wireless network in my home. It will claim to connect, Airport will show full bars, and in the network diagnostics it claims it's working fine, but when I use any program I know of to connect to the internet it says I'm not connected. The wired internet works just fine through the same router. The wireless is working just fine for both of my housemates' standard macbooks, one of which is older than my pro and one of which is newer. I'm using an early-2006 model MacBook Pro, which I have upgraded to Leopard, and have downloaded all the updates. It works fine on my mom's wireless network and also on my college's wireless network. I moved off campus, and we got Comcast cable internet, and are using a D-link DI-524 wireless router, and this is the wireless network it is not working for. I checked various help pages for similar problems with macbook pros, and I attempted to try their solutions, but none of the directions for, say, deleting and re-establishing the wireless network seem to actually do that on my computer, and I have no idea how to attempt it. Any help any of you could give me would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue except my router is an airport extreme and my computer is the early 08 MBP. Any help would be greatly as it seems the latest airport utility upgrade broke it.:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try setting up a Location for your home and use that only at home. Enter the details and DNS numbers for your home ISP - see here

Click for full size -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I have the exact same issue except my router is an airport extreme and my computer is the early 08 MBP. Any help would be greatly as it seems the latest airport utility upgrade broke it.:(

Good chance it did not break it but just increased the security and your .plist may have a conflict with settings that are too similar. Try individual locations as above and leave Automatic for the various coffee shops.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.