• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

2 Purchases with ADC Student membership

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to make two purchases using their ADC student membership? Or, has anyone attempted to purchase from Apple's ADC store without being a member?

I ask because I am an ADC Student member and had used my hardware discount two years ago, but am now looking to purchase another computer. Furthermore, anyone is able to purchase Apple computers at education pricing. There is no sort of verification that an individual is a member of an educational institution. When I look up prices on the ADC Store I can proceed to the checkout area without providing any sort of verification. Has anyone tried to purchase from the ADC store without being a member.

Also, does the free iPod Touch promotion work with the ADC store purchases still? Two years ago I received a rebate for the free iPod Touch and printer even though I made my purchase through the ADC store, but I was wondering if that is still the case. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Since you have an ADC membership, your second question about defrauding Apple is irrelevant, and really not up for discussion. This site doesn't exist for the purpose of skirting the law and defrauding anyone.

Here's the program rules:
Student Developer Discounts

OP
P
Reaction score
So no one on here has ever talked about using the educational discount when they are not a member of an educational institution... right. Thank you mr. righteous for your snooty response. I did not ask for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
So no one on here has ever talked about using the educational discount when they are not a member of an educational institution... right. Thank you mr. righteous for your snooty response. I did not ask for that.

If anyone has, they would have been told the same thing. I challenge you to use the search tools and prove me differently. No need to get indignant just because you didn't get an answer that you approve of.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You're asking about doing something that is ethically dishonest and you're implying that lifeisabeach is being snooty?

So no, people haven't talked about doing it because it's wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.