Boot Camp Problem

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post, I hope I put this in the right section.

Anyways, a few months ago I successfully installed Windows XP via bootcamp.

I recently erased the partition to make a larger one. I ran bootcamp assistant, and inserted the cd, restarted, and formatted my hard drive and finished the first stage of installation.

When it promped me to restart, and continue to the next step (the GUI installer, where you enter your product key, etc.) but every time I restart it ejects the cd, rendering me unable to continue with the installation. I never had this problem before.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
How did you erase it? Did you use Boot Camp Assistant - Restore? If not, you might try that first. Also, you don't need to undo a BootCamp partition to resize it - there is a product that will do that for you - CampTune from Paragon software: Camp Tune for Mac OS X - Overview

Try that next time.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah I removed the partition through the bootcamp assistant. Any idea on how to get the install to work though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I am not sure if you've already gotten that fixed, but anyway, I had the very same problem. It started off by Windows CDs and DVDs and some others that kept getting ejected, till the Optical Drive reached the point of not accepting ANY CDs/DVDs at all, not even the Mac OSX DVD ones. I took it to the Apple Care Center and they fixed it for me; there was dust on the lens and I'm glad I took it as soon as it started doing that or it would have broken the discs and probably would have had to replace the Optical Drive.

So I suggest you go get it fixed, it costs like $35 or $40 USD but at least it's working really good now. Good luck and I am sorry for the very, very late reply; it's just that I am having issues with Boot Camp and your thread's title is deceiving. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.