Mac OS 7 Rebooting Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Plus, IIcx, IIci, Centris 650, Supermac s900, Beige G3 minitower, iMac, eMac, iBook, BlackBook
Hey, I have a slight problem ;)

Ok, I have a Macintosh Centris 650, and it was running Mac OS 7.1. I decided to upgrade it to Mac OS 7.5.3. When I did this, I tried to reboot and it showed me the flashing question mark inside a floppy disk. This means it can't find an operating system to boot from. For the full information on what happened, go to this URL: (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ot...-centris-650-software-hard-drive-problem.html) So basically I have a few questions. In order to fix this, I figure I have to get new install/reboot disks. (I've lost mine over the course of the years). So since it originally shipped with OS 7.1, do I have to get that? Or can I get OS 7.5? If I can do that, can I get OS 8? Is there any way I can start up the computer from the CD drive and NOT the floppy drive? If worst comes to worst, how can I wipe the hard drive. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Only OS 8 or later comes on CD, for OS 7.5 you use floppy discs. So if you do not have any 7.x discs, get hold of OS 8. The only places I know for OS 8 is auction sites like eBay IF you are lucky to find any or Torrent sites.

Reaction score
It's been awhile but you might get it to boot from cd by holding down cmd-opt-shift-del at boot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If you really want a set of floppies IM me and i will hunt mine out and ship them to u - they came with a 520c so are either 8.? or 9.0.?

OP
phalanx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Plus, IIcx, IIci, Centris 650, Supermac s900, Beige G3 minitower, iMac, eMac, iBook, BlackBook
Hey thanks you guys, as for the floppies thanks for the offer but I already bid on some from ebay. =]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.