I gotta say ..........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I like the comment left by one person on that page:

So why not just give ‘em the $1m and be done with it. This whole “we’ll be generous if you use our product” isn’t philanthropy, it’s leverage.
I find it distasteful, whoever’s doing it.

And really he is exactly right. This is just another desperate gamble by MS to try and increase their market share. It's pathetic.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I like the comment left by one person on that page:

And really he is exactly right. This is just another desperate gamble by MS to try and increase their market share. It's pathetic.

Agreed and it's to cover their loss in Europe since they can not ship Windows 7 there with IE installed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Agreed and it's to cover their loss in Europe since they can not ship Windows 7 there with IE installed.

Too bad we can't buy a copy of Windows 7 without IE. :( And as far as I know, IE can't even be removed without rendering Win 7 useless.

Regards.

Reaction score
You can buy Win 7 without IE if you live in the EU because of the antitrust settlement. People here in the US are stuck with the combined version. Having said that, I think Win7 is the best Windows yet and I am looking forward to installing it on my Mac once the full version comes out and is stable.

Cheers

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Too bad we can't buy a copy of Windows 7 without IE. :( And as far as I know, IE can't even be removed without rendering Win 7 useless.
If it's anything like older versions of Windows, it would be like removing the heart. IE was so ingrained into Windows that I remember being able to open a Windows Explorer window, type in a URL and have WE magically turn into IE. Those were the days...

Reaction score
they seem to be pretty desperate , after the "i pay you if you use my search engine", "I pay you if you use my web browser"

somebody should explain to them that the goal is to MAKE money and with such poor products even if you pay people thay won't keep using them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.