Is it imperative that i line up on June 19th if i want an iphone?

Reaction score
so im a first time iphone buyer/at&T subscriber and ive been waiting to switch to iphone forever.......

my question is based on other ppls experience with previous iphone release dates do i have to endure the lines on june 19th to get my iphone or would i be fine waiting a couple days?

im thinking there wont be that many ppl waiting to jump the gun on june 19th since alot of ppl with iphones (The majority of apple fanatics) arent going to want to pay the high price tag as the price is higher for current subscribers..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I would suggest you simply see if there is a line come June 19th. If there isn't a line, then get yer phone. If there is a line, then come back another day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
^Assuming they don't end up sold out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
^Assuming they don't end up sold out...

Ah hah... in which case if that is a concern, then the OP should just go ahead and get in line. Or camp out.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I like the camping out experience it's much more fun. You get to meet some interesting people. :p

Bah Pre order who does that? >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4, 4 GB RAM, 250GB HD -8 GB iPhone
I pre-ordered one yesterday. Go to an AT&T store today, order and pay for it, and the store opens at 7 am on the 19th for pre-orders ONLY.

Reaction score
You can if you want, but I don't think it's necessary. I lined up for the original and the 3G and wasn't anywhere near the front and they still had plenty to go around. This was at an Apple Store, not AT&T. Plus like you said, and this applies to me, a lot of people that bought a 3G on launch day will be waiting until July 12, 2009 to pick up the 3G S to avoid paying an extra $200. I may want a 3G S pretty bad, but I can wait an extra 3 weeks. Anyways, unless you like waiting in line with a bunch of strangers then just pre-order it like others have said, it'll save you a lot of time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.