OS X will not boot, Windows XP will on a Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hey everybody, this is a problem that may have already been addressed but I did a little googling and searched the forum and I couldn't find keywords that addressed this specifically.

I have boot camp installed, and I can boot into Windows XP fine. However, when I try to boot into my mac partition, the loading screen with the apple and circle thingy is on for about 15-20 seconds, than the computer shuts down. Once again, XP boots and I can run programs and even 3d games in it, but I can't boot into Mac OS.

I have a time machine backup on an external hard drive and the OS install disk handy.

I just wanted to make sure this isn't a fixable problem before I restore from my time machine backup or take any action. Also, I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing this and keeping my XP partition intact at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Reaction score
When you boot from the Mac OS partition, hold ⌘+V to start in verbose mode. This way you can see what problems your system is running into. You might also try booting from the install disc and running disk repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not a Notebook Hardware issue. Moved to software forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.