Having trouble uploading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPod Nano 5th Gen. Yellow 16GB, iPhone 3G 16GB
I just got a new MacBook, and I'm trying to upload images from my Canon Rebel Xsi, I also have an Optex milti card reader. My problem is that when I plug either into my mac, it doesn't respond at all. I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me with this? Even going into iPhoto and trying to import the photos doesn't work. I'm just confused :S The weirdest part is, when I went to upload photos from a Fujifilm camera I have, iPhoto recognized that it was plugged in right away. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Stef

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Probably won't be able to do any testing until late tomorrow. Just got my XSi. Have not had any problems importing into Aperture using a 8GB SDHC card and reader. Have not connected the camera to the computer.

If you're using an SDHC card, some of the older readers will not work with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
As i recall there are 2 apps that have a check box to open automatically when camera connected - so i would check out Prefs for Image Capture and iPhoto to see how they are set up. Not sure if that will help, but if i cross my fingers i can't click the mouse button.

Reaction score
If you are using a SDHC card I don't think your reader will support it. The standard SD cards are the identical size of SDHC but designed differently and are only recognized by SDHC readers. I picked up a new SanDisk MobileMate SD+ for about $12 at Best Buy just for SDHC. My old muliti reader wouldn't read SDHC cards either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.