Making Drum Beats

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4, 8GB iPhone, 80 GB iPod Video
I live in an apartment, so drums aren't really an option now and I can't afford electronic ones. What's a good program to make good rock drum and occassionally hip hop drum beats? I know that Garageband has the MIDI sequencing option, but I can't really get it to sound right. I'd like some double bass and things of that nature, but I'm having a heckuva time. Anyone with suggestions for a good program or how to do it in Garageband? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Get a drummer to record you some backing tracks? Or send your ideas to one for him to record to may be better.
Oh where may you find a drummer though? Hmmm ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
For rock/metal drums I suggest looking into getting EZ Drummer with the Drum Kit from upgrade pack. All the samples were done by Tomas Hakke from Meshuggah at the Dugout in Gothenberg so it sounds amazing. It has some really awesome loops if you need loops. Here's some tracks I did with it playing an electronic kit hooked up to my iMac via a MIDI to USB cable, it was all done in Garageband:

The Stillview on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

For hip-hop, there are already some decent loops built into GB, just look through the loop browser!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.