• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Software To Backup My Dvds Help

T

tex3mjj

Hi some of my dvds are getting scratched alot Rather than purchasing them again I want to back them up but cannot copy them to disc as they have copy protection. Does anybody know software for the mac that will remove this and copy to dvd

thanks

and kind regards

mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
mactheripper to rip(also removes copy protection)>dvd2onex to compress>burn in toast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 2 gigs RAM, 160 gig H.D.
Hey Macman,
What's your opinion of Roxio's "Popcorn" instead of dvd2onex for compressing?
I ask because I just bought Toast and can get Popcorn for a good price when I register.
I'm kind of new at this with a MAC.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 2 gigs RAM, 160 gig H.D.
Anyone?
Any opinions on which is better, Popcorn or DVD2one for compressing DVD's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well, dvd2onex is good, but using popcorn is better in the way that it compresses as it burns,
or rather, before it starts burning. but Ive come to find that popcorn, if youre compressing say a 7 gig dvd rip to fit on a single 4.7 gig dvdr. popcorn gives quality ratings and it comes out according to the quality, like good quality is good, mjeaning little or no compression needed,but it causes small skips in unimportant areas of dvds, like the 20th century fox opening.I personally use dvd21onex cause you can spewcify quiality and the size disc youll be burning to, then I burn in popcorn which will compress a tiny bit more if needed, but its usually not.

OP
T

tex3mjj

still need help please

hi there again thanks for your suggestions however when i used mac the ripper after finishing one disc then trying to compress in both dvd20nex and popcorn it said it was still dvd encrypted so mactheripper had not removed the copyright have i done anything wrong please help

mark

OP
A

analyze

need help too

I've mac the ripped and I've used Forty-TwoDVD-VXPlus.
NOW
I have toast titanium 6.0
how can I get the .avi file on a dvd viewable in any dvd player?

also...is there anyway to do that AND have the features...like making of?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
after ripping, burn in toast in data tab as udf

OP
W

whoriental

I have a problem. I used DVDbackup to rip, DVD2oneX to compress, tried using Toast to burn but I can't figure it out. I placed the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files in the window and clicked burn, then it only burned the AUDIO_TS. I am also very new to this whole apple thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
popcorn is very good. if you wanna try toast again, I think you have to put the video_ts and audio_ts folders into another folder you name after the movie or whatever you want and then add that folder containing the other 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.