Iphone question!

Reaction score
Trying to find the CHEAPEST way to obtain a new 3g before 3.0 is released, I went to the ATT website and attempted to purchase refurbished. It wouldn't allow me to do it, so I decided to add a line. I was able to purchase a 16g 3g for 150.00 refurbished with the option of adding the apple care warranty if the product goes defective. To add a line, I had to sign up for a new two year contract. My intention is to cancel the new line within 30 days, to avoid paying the contract termination fee and use replace the sim in my old 2g and use the 3g as my primary phone. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The 3G iPhone is subsidized. You won't be cancelling any contracts without paying a difference in what the iPhone is worth without contract.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I just dont understand why people come here to find help getting out of paying what they owe or agree to pay.

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Trying to find the CHEAPEST way to obtain a new 3g before 3.0 is released, I went to the ATT website and attempted to purchase refurbished. It wouldn't allow me to do it, so I decided to add a line. I was able to purchase a 16g 3g for 150.00 refurbished with the option of adding the apple care warranty if the product goes defective. To add a line, I had to sign up for a new two year contract. My intention is to cancel the new line within 30 days, to avoid paying the contract termination fee and use replace the sim in my old 2g and use the 3g as my primary phone. Is this possible?

No it wouldn't be scamming if you intended to honor a contract you signed but this doesn't seem to be the case . And thats really none of my business , but I find it to be rather insulting when people join this forum just to get help or info to scam someone .

But you know I guess thats my problem......

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Paying 150.00 for a refurbished phone isn't scamming anyone Clay.

Paying $150 for a refurbished phone isn't a scam. Paying $150 for a phone that requires a 2-year contract and scheming to ditch the contract and hoping to get away scot-free is a scam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I just dont understand why people come here to find help getting out of paying what they owe or agree to pay.

Clay

It's the human condition to pay the least amount of money for something. We've been bred to haggle :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Cheapest method would probably be eBay as going through AT&T or Apple will cost you near full price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If you cancel within the 30 days you will be required to return the phone. Did you even read the contract you signed? If you don't return it then don't be surprised if they charge you full price for the phone.

smileyorgrolleyes.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4, 4 GB RAM, 250GB HD -8 GB iPhone
The iPhone would have to be returned. AT&T is not in the habit of just giving iPhones away. Ebay is a good bet, or craigslist. But the AT&T route is a no go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.