• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Comics and superheros?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
Any comic book or comic book movie fans here? I'm currently reading Absolute Watchmen and I haven't seen the movie based off it yet.

I haven't seen Wolverine yet either, for those who have, how was it?
(I still remember when Wolverine deputed in his own spin off series in the 70s)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What's the difference between Absolute Watchmen and the regular Watchmen? Or is it a completely different title?

As for the Wolverine movie, it was a pretty good action flick. Don't expect much in the way of deep characters or an exhaustive plot, but you can definitely be guaranteed some solid action sequences. Overall, it's a fun movie.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What's the difference between Absolute Watchmen and the regular Watchmen? Or is it a completely different title?

As for the Wolverine movie, it was a pretty good action flick. Don't expect much in the way of deep characters or an exhaustive plot, but you can definitely be guaranteed some solid action sequences. Overall, it's a fun movie.

I thought it was pretty close to the actual comic. The only parts I didn't want to see was the naked scenes. Like seriously do we need to see man butt?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,

Im not sure yet (just started it) but it's a gigantic book, way bigger then the original graphic novel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
I've been reading all of the Buffy season 8 comics because I'm obsessed with all things Joss Whedon.

Over the last little while I've gotten into Superman. I like Smallville, so I've been getting the dvds of all the other tv/movie incarnations as well as reading the old comics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Wolverine is my favorite character. Spawn was my favorite comic.

Reaction score
Item of interest: Disney just purchased Marvel Comics and ALL their characters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
I just read that on CNBC...great. I mean that sarcastically. Not that I don't like Disney, I do, I just feel that Disney won't do justice to the Marvel universe. They'll "Disney-fi" it. Watered down stories and characters. I wonder how that this is going to affect the Marvel movies that have been green-lighted? Ironman 2, The Avengers to name a few.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I used to read 2000AD, that was pretty cool, but other than that, not really no.

I tried watching Watchmen, but the whole film feels like it's a sequel, so I guess I have to read the comics, which I wasn't aware of, so the film was pretty confusing for me.

Not that I don't like Disney, I do, I just feel that Disney won't do justice to the Marvel universe. They'll "Disney-fi" it.

Disney isn't what it was... say, even 5 years ago. They'll water it down, but not with all friendly and cute things. Oh no. They'll turn em into stupid little musicals with the superhero being played by 15/16 year olds :p.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I thought it was pretty close to the actual comic. The only parts I didn't want to see was the naked scenes. Like seriously do we need to see man butt?
:)

I'd never heard of Watchmen until I bought the DVD - its just strange...

Best comic movie = Iron Man / the new Batman films!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Like seriously do we need to see man butt?

Yes. :Mischievous:

But seriously, I did enjoy the Wolverine Movie, thought it was pretty well done though gambit severely underwhelmed me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.