• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Iphone or MacBook White

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been saving for a White MacBook but now my brother has offered me his iphone 3g as he wants the the new iphone coming later on in the year if you could giveme some ideas on what to do that would be great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Get the Macbook. iPhones are useless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coming soon
Yup get the macbook, dont let your brother seduce you into buying his USED iphone :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
macbook...you will get more benefit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Well what do you really need? A computer or a phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Depends on what you really want but I'd say go for a macbook :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
There too completely different things lol.... tbh this is hardly a forum question... its like saying what should i by a tv or a new house lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
There too completely different things lol.... tbh this is hardly a forum question... its like saying what should i by a tv or a new house lol

TV of course!! Who needs a house!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
An iPhone is almost like a netbook...so if you don't need a whole lot of power, and pretty much all you do is listen to music and browse the web, the iPhone may be worth it.

But personally I'd go for the MacBook, there's just so much more you can do with it and use it for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro Unibody 2.4GHZ, iPhone 16GB 3G
An iPhone is almost like a netbook...so if you don't need a whole lot of power, and pretty much all you do is listen to music and browse the web, the iPhone may be worth it.

But personally I'd go for the MacBook, there's just so much more you can do with it and use it for.

Yeah, couldn't have said it better. If you plan on traveling a lot, the iPhone might be worth it a bit more but yeah like others have said it's comparing Apples to Oranges (pun intended :)).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Get the Macbook. iPhones are useless.

iPhones are far from useless but they are not like a complete computer either. I personally if I needed a computer would take the Macbook. A small screen for doing everyday computing is not really that great on the eyes.

It all depends on what you need, but if you need a real computer, a Macbook is for you and not an iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.