motorazV9 and isync

Reaction score
Im first week with a mac and trying to get my Motorola to sync so i can save photos etc ??
Any help would be good help.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you give us a bit more info like the model of the Motorola and any other info? It will help someone here to better assist you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Can you give us a bit more info like the model of the Motorola and any other info? It will help someone here to better assist you.

its a motorrazV9. The mac recognises the handset but states its not compatable with isync. I dont get how the mac knows the handset but then states it can not do it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As far as I know the only software available for the Motorola RAZR V9 is for Windows. Without software for OS X you will not be able to use iSync.

Does the phone mount on your desktop when you plug it in via the USB cable?

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
As far as I know the only software available for the Motorola RAZR V9 is for Windows. Without software for OS X you will not be able to use iSync.

Does the phone mount on your desktop when you plug it in via the USB cable?

Regards.

unfortuently i dont have the USB connector with me this weekend.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The phone "should" mount on the desktop. If it does, you'll see two hard drive symbols (assuming you have a memory card in the V9). One will be for the phone memory the other for the memory card.

Click on the hard drive symbols to figure out which is for the phone memory and the memory card. You can then transfer photos, address information, videos, and even music to your Mac. Kind of a pain to have to do it manually but it does work even if it's a clunky way.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
The phone "should" mount on the desktop. If it does, you'll see two hard drive symbols (assuming you have a memory card in the V9). One will be for the phone memory the other for the memory card.

Click on the hard drive symbols to figure out which is for the phone memory and the memory card. You can then transfer photos, address information, videos, and even music to your Mac. Kind of a pain to have to do it manually but it does work even if it's a clunky way.

Regards.

Thanks for that. the phone does NOT mount on the desktop any other thoughts ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Is that a Verizon Moto RAZR V9M?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.