Problem installing Windows with Bootcamp

Reaction score
I started bootcamp the other day installed windows it that said it was going to restart and nothing happened for deleted all the windows files on the partioned drive. I poped into the apple store today and was told about pressing Alt button while restarting it.
I've tried to run bootcamp to reinstall windows but its giving me the message

The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

Thing is it already been partioned and i don't fancy having to do a reboot as I've just got a new hard drive with iLife 09 on it and if i reboot it I'll have to reboot it to iLife 08

Any help is help cheers guys :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That message usually indicates that the drive is fragmented and not enough contiguous space is available.

Try booting back to OS X and run the Boot Camp assistant again. Select create partition, restore. That will recover the entire drive back to OS X. The process will not harm any of your data including iLife09. Start over by creating a new Boot Camp partition for Windows and installing Windows again.

Let us know.

Regards.

Reaction score
You might also consider running a program like iDefrag on your hard drive (it takes awhile) to defragment it, before reinstalling Boot Camp.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.