Swapping SIM Card Between 2 Phones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Normally I work in an office, but occasionally there are days when I do construction work on jobsites. I'd like to get an iPhone, but I'm afraid it would take a beating out in the field.

If I had an iPhone and another cheaper model, could I just switch the SIM card between the two and use the cheaper phone on days when I'm on construction sites? I imagine basic used AT&T phones (Razors, etc) are a dime a dozen on ebay.

Any potential problems with doing this, besides the wear and tear on the card?

Currently I have Verizon so this isn't an option for me to test.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I seem to recall reading that this doesn't work with iPhones. You could swap it between 2 iPhones. Maybe I'm wrong and someone else will chime in and shed more light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You can swap the SIM card with any phone you want. iPhone to iPhone. RAZR to iPhone. iPhone to Blackberry.

It's just a regular everyday SIM card. Nothing special about it even if it is in the iPhone.

CT3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook penryn
ive done this before just swaping out my sim from my iphone with my friends Vu and a shine every thing works dialing out and sms but the internet didnt seem to work on either

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4, 4 GB RAM, 250GB HD -8 GB iPhone
ive done this before just swaping out my sim from my iphone with my friends Vu and a shine every thing works dialing out and sms but the internet didnt seem to work on either

This is correct. The reason the data won't work is because AT&T has different data plans for different devices (ex. iPhone, Blackberry, MediaNet). The data plans won't translate to the different device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.