help with web designing

Reaction score
does anyone know how to create something similar to the four buttons at the bottom of SONY's homepage with adobe flash?

here is the link:
Sony USA

and if you can teach me how to make one of those stuff, how to put it on iWeb?

oh, i dont really need it to pop up and stuff

i just want to have it like a button and i can link to one of my other pages

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm...it just looks like a regular button to me that has a rollover color and scaling on it.

OP
I
Reaction score
do u know how to make that...
cuz i know nothing other than basic tools in iweb

anyways, thx for ur reply...it makes it sound easier to me now

OP
I
Reaction score
is there a possibility where u can summarize that to a instruction kinda thing to making the See+, Hear+, Play+, Shop+ on Sony's page

I mean it doesn't have to pop up into these cool things, i just want to move my cursor over it and goes bigger than click on it to this other page...

man why is this so hard?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm not so sure if you can do that in iWeb alone. Usually when you have custom buttons you need a program that can manipulate pixels.

The example on that website was most likely made with Photoshop/Illustrator and then imported into Flash.

OP
I
Reaction score
i have the adobe package...somehow
and
i understand the part with photoshop/illustrator...
but how to make the thing in flash...so that it will react when mouse rollsover

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That part kind of has a lot of steps. First you need to have your button graphic imported in to Flash preferably to the library. Then you drag it to the stage from the library.

From here press F8, I don't remember what drop down menu stuff are. >_<" In the dialogue box choose convert to button.

Double click on your button and then you should be inside of the button. Your timeline will change to "Up,Over,Down, and Hit.

This is where you edit your button according to what you want it to do.

Like for example on the Over you can change the color of the button and make it bigger by scaling it up. You can pretty much do whatever you want here.

After that you can just test it out. Sorry I can't be of more help. You might want to take some classes in Flash if you are interested in this kind of stuff.

That or self teach. There are a lot of people that do tutorials on youtube and other venues. Remember google is your friend.

OP
I
Reaction score
for the over section,
i made my button enlarge
but does anyone know how to make
that button enlarge slower

so that it looks pro-er

Reaction score
You need something like SoThink swf easy. In the flash grid you can change the speed of a moving graphic, overlap graphics and add special effects. And you need to know no code its all graphic interface.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Tip: Don't use iWeb. It's not good software. It creates massive websites when you publish them: The HTML pages, a folder for each page; which contains 3 style sheets! I am looking for a replacement currently...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.