Parallels help...

Reaction score
Hey there guys, I recently tried to install a copy of Windows on parallels, but am unable to adjust the amount of allotted memory. I don't know why it won't let me move the slider, and I can't install it without more memory! Help!
picture1o.png

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Might be a silly question but how much memory does your Mac have access to?

OP
Mauser
Reaction score
Not really sure, I'm not good with computers, but it should say so in the image I provided. 107GB?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Not really sure, I'm not good with computers, but it should say so in the image I provided. 107GB?

That's your Hard Dive space. I'm talking about the amount of RAM that your computer has. You can check this by click on the apple in the upper let and go "About this Mac."

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that it. You have 4GB of RAM, which is more than enough. I have the same specs except not DDR3 RAM.

Hum that's weird that you can't allocate more RAM to windows 7. I just installed Windows 7 using Parallel like last week too.

I'm going to try and find the walkthrough that I used to install windows 7 using Parallel.

Found it. Here is the link.

OP
Mauser
Reaction score
Oh! Thanks! I'll give this a shot. It looks like I need to update parallels or something... Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.