• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My Senior Project.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Hey guys, I know I haven't been too active lately due to school and all that jazz. Good thing is, the semester is almost over and I finally graduate.
I know I posted a concept trailer of my student project earlier, now here's the real deal.
This is a short documentary piece about a problem being faced by many automotive mechanics and body technicians today. Hope you guys enjoy.
Due to the film being shot in HD, I couldn't really compress it in a way where I could show it in excellent quality. My facebook page has a higher quality version, but since I can't share that outside of facebook, I had to sacrifice the picture quality somewhat to share it here.

Grease Monks on Vimeo

Sorry for the link, for some reason the embedding isn't working.
If any of you know a good compression method, let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I will watch it tonight when I get a chance, but I know about the problems facing the automotive repair. Last year I lost my job restoring classic cars and today the shop I worked out is foreclosed on. I'm glad that I decided to take some summer courses while working there.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Watched it, my only crit is that the camera is shaky sometimes. Secondly I don't know the guys' name who are talking.

I thought it was an interesting and informative.

OP
leecho7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I shot the documentary in HD, and while editing, and watching the source footage, you can see the names clearly. Unfortunately, do to me not knowing a good compression method for online viewing, it is a bit blurry.

I also shot this while at work, during my breaks. So having a tripod, or a means to stabilize the shot without interfering too much with work was almost impossible. Plus I'm too broke to get a decent tripod at the moment.
If only I had the time and the money.

Thanks for the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.