• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone bought an Apple refurb?

D

Desolate One

It looked like it was on the floor, which it was. But I didn't mind since after a couple weeks of usage it would look the same anyway. Nothing to panic about.

Reaction score
Desolate One said:
It looked like it was on the floor, which it was. But I didn't mind since after a couple weeks of usage it would look the same anyway. Nothing to panic about.
huh ?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think he means sales floor (demo system).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
bought my PB refurbed from apple...the price was good at the time and better than a student discount....i didnt quite have the money but it came with a decent warantee...

the product was flawless...woman on phone sayed that it was a return that was opened and not really used....but then again she could probably say anything and probably not know why it was returned
-chris

W

warrenbert

I recently got a G5 Powermac refurb. 1.8/256/80 M9555LL/A $1299

I ordered it on a Sunday night and had it on Tuesday morning (I only live about 100 miles from their distro center).

In actuality, it came with 1024MB RAM, what a bonus! Whoever checked it out at Apple must have overlooked the extra installed RAM. I ordered 1GB of extra RAM from newegg at the same time ($106) so now I have 2GB.

Cosmetically, it came very clean. No scratches or anything, just a few fingerprint smudges inside the case. I ran the Apple Hardware test and everything checked out OK.

I felt I got a good deal.

D

Desolate One

mynameis said:
I would hope refurbs look better than the in-store demo models.

This one did. ;)

Don't worry though, they'll let you check it out before you take it home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4ghz SR, 256m 8600gt, 640gb HD, 3gb RAM
I got an iBook G4 1.2 Ghz 12" for only $849, way better deal than even with my student discount. I love this machine, looks flawless.
Also bought a G4 800 mhz 12" for my freshman year in college, it was flawless as well.
I like the 1 year warranty that also comes with refurbs, you basically get a brand new machine for less.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.