Windows 7 + OS X on unibody

Reaction score
Macbook Pro Unibody 15 inch with about 150 GB free.

I just got my RC 1 Windows 7 from Microsoft.

I was thinking of using BootCamp to install it on my Macbook Pro. I use Superduper and so I am not Too concerned about my Mac Stuff if somethin goes wrong.

Will BootCamp accept the RC1? Would a Vitural Machince be better to use or forget it at all.

I am not doing to run things on the Mac but just to get familiar with W 7 since there are eight computers in the house and I have the only Mac.:|

Reaction score
I installed the RC on my unibody pro. If you want to do it just burn the iso to disk and follow the bootcamp instructions. In the end it is still windows, so I deleted the next day.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I just finished installing it with Parallel. Seems to run perfectly fine with just 1GB of RAM allocated to it.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks Peetur!

I know it is Windows but I do not mind using both. :)

Thank you too CrimsonRequiem!

So you Parallel for the VM ascept? 1 GB, that is nice.

Reaction score
I ran the beta of Win7 in a Fusion virtual machine, and it ran very well with only 1 GB of allocated memory. Much better than Vista ever did with that amount of memory (I only have 2 GB on my blackbook). If you are just trying to familiarize yourself with Win7, I would suggest running it in a VM (Fusion, Parallels or VirtualBox). I would use BC if part of that process is to see how it works with your graphics hardware - otherwise a VM will suffice. But that's just my preference.

OP
L
Reaction score
OK, I tried removing and partitioning a new boot camp "drive". I re-ran the boot camp installer and I still get trapped just after I specify US keyboard stating there is no DVD driver. I do not even get to the part of formatting the partition. :(

OP
L
Reaction score
Only thing I changed was setting the partion to onlu 32 gb and now it is working. I am in Win 7 for the last day and all is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Ran it on my MBP via Parallels for a week or so. It doesn't do anything I can't do with XP or OS X already, so I deleted it today. With 1GB of RAM allocated to it, it didn't do anything that much faster than XP. All I really ran was IE, Office 2007 and some other menial applications though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.